Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm starting a blog

So, I'm trying this whole blog thing. It's like an online journal meets a scrap book. You write personal things but you want other's to read them and look at your pictures. I like this! I got a letter from a friend the other day. He said that he'd been writing some music in the MTC. He sent me one of his songs. The words are about love found and then lost. I wondered if he wrote from experience and decided that it was probably a bad idea for missionaries to be thinking about girls and writing songs about them. Then I decided that it's ok because song writing, like any true art form, is expressive of life. Song lyrics are like a journal in which you write deeply personal information, feelings, and experiences with the intention of sharing it with others in the future. So, here I've created my online journal. Karlee's sister, Tish, told me I could write in my blog and then have it turned into a scrapbook of sorts. I figured...sweet...I'm on the computer daily and this will be an easy way to document my life experiences and thoughts. My goal is to blog once a week and to not blab on about "i did this and then i did this and then i did this" because that is boring. I'm going to try to make it interesting! Let me know if it is boring.

1 comment:

The Jeffs Family said...

Hey--I saw your blog on Trisha's. Email me @ kelli.jeffs@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to mine since it is private. Hope you are having fun back at school. Drink a chocolate milk for me! :)