Friday, May 20, 2011

Where the heart is

They say that home is where the heart is. Well my heart is physically in California right now. Literally, I'm at home with my fam and celebrating my bridal shower tomorrow. I love the people that live here so yes, my heart is here. However, I've also built a home in Provo Utah where my school friends reside, where many of my family members reside, and where my dearest Scott resides. Can I call him that...is it too mushy to call him dearest publicly like this? Well...he is my dearest. I am happy to share the love in my heart and divide it so I can call many places home :) I heard once from a Sunday school teacher that love is the only thing that multiplies by division.
Speaking of home: I brought a shutter guy into the home Scott and I will be living in to measure the windows and give us a quote for shutters. My parents own the place and we're taking care of maintenance and upgrading the place a bit before they put it on the market as a vacation rental. In the meantime we get to live in a quality community and get way more bang for our buck because we are paying rent to the best landlords money can buy. So, back to the shudders. Dan the blinds man came by and quoted a reasonable price and my mom put money down on the shudders that same day. Then Dan sent an official measuring guy my way. He gave me a call and set up an appointment for the following Thursday. Then I got a call from him asking me if we could reschedule for Tuesday. I had Scott call him and as it turned out, he didn't even come down to Provo on Tuesday at all. So, I thought we were still on for Thursday. Our man Cameron said he'd call after Tuesday and oh surprise surprise he never did. Needless to say when come Thursday I was waiting at the house and didn't see the guy I was pretty ticked. I called Dan and informed him that Cameron rescheduled not once but two times and I wasn't cool with the lack of communication he gave. Mainly that he said he'd call and oh...didn't. Boo I say. I requested that, whether or not Cameron decided to show at our new appointment the following Tuesday, I pretty much demanded that Dan be there to make sure everything went according to plan. Takin. Care. Of business.
In other news I'm working at The Little Gym of Orem which is a total blast. The kids I teach are awesome and I've been teaching there since January. I teach the 3-4 year old classes and these little gems make me smile every day. Sometimes I get done teaching a class and suddenly realize how exhausting it is to chase after 12 3 and 4 year olds for an hour. But then I realize how rewarding it was to see them accomplish something like walking on the high beam by themselves or using the springboard to do an awesome jump forward roll or doing a tummy roll around the beam. They wow me every day and I can tell that they wow themselves because I constantly hear them say "I did it!" with surprise and excitement. I love it.
I'm only taking one class this term (which was the best idea I ever had), studying for the GRE, and having fun playing house with Scott as we get the place ready for August when we finally share our home together.

No comments: