Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Squeaky Clean

When Patrick turned about 10 months old, we determined that we should probably start bathing him more than once a week. I'm not sure what's normal but, before then, he didn't really get too smelly.

He loves bath time. Splashing in the water. Playing with toys. We have these foam letters and numbers and I've been playing with them with him in a variety of ways. We'll collect all the yellow ones and then all the blue ones etc. I'll put them up on the wall of the tub and announce "Red B" "Purple X" etc. My boy is so smart and I hope that he's actually learning when we do this. 90% of the time in the tub he is just splashing around and making a mess or drinking the water but, these shine moments give me hope:

A couple of weeks ago I was gathering the letters and numbers by color. I said to Patch "can you grab a yellow one" as they were all floating together on the surface of the water and by gum...he did it!

Tonight, I was putting all the blue letters and numbers in the blue bowl and Patch started repeating the word "blue" after me!!! Very exciting stuff for a new mama.

After Patch got out of the bath and dressed in jam jams, he crawled over to Scott who was memorizing lines for his upcoming show while sitting on the couch. Patch climbed up and Scott reached out and rubbed his finger on Patrick's back saying "EEEE eeee EEEE eeee" like the sound of squeaking on glass and said "Patch, you're squeaky clean". Adorable.

Golly I love these boys.





No comments: