Sunday, August 28, 2016

Dreams Come True

I saw Shrek the Musical in 2013 and loved every second. I decided that if given the opportunity, I would audition for the show. I could not help but see myself in Fiona. She's quirky and loud. She's a morning person (or so one of her songs says). She's sassy and silly and I love her. It has been such a dream to step into this character and, if I'm being honest, it's not that difficult to do as I basically am Fiona in real life.

We have had some fun times on the stage. Notably, when something goes wrong and we have to cover each others mistakes. On opening night someone took a prop of mine that I had placed and ready to go. This left me improving some sweet dance moves in Fiona's tower...not a problem at all. Another time, Shrek dropped a couple of lines in our scene comparing how crappy our childhoods were. I fed him a quick line and we were back on track. The moments when I can save a scene like that are gold and make me feel like a half way decent actress. It's thanks to these last 2 years doing lots of dinner theater and handling all the improve there. One more show to go and then I'll probably take a small break from performing life.

Here are some pics from the show:





No comments: