Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Wrapping Up Summer

I thought it had been MUCH longer since my last post. I am pleased to see that it's only been since June! Go me! Can I just tell funny Patrick stories? I don't want to forget some of these and more importantly, I want him to be able to read them someday.


For the 4th of July this year we were on Scott's family campout. We spend the weekend in Logan and a couple of weekdays up at the camp site and Scott's sister Stephanie was in charge of planning the whole thing. Naturally, she planned all kinds of fun things for us to do. Lunch at the park near a splash pad, a game of croquet complete with prizes, and dancing at Elite hall. We all had a delightful time at the park and Scott happened to win us some creamed honey (YUMMM!) We were in charge of lunch that day and decided that meatball sandwiches would be fun. It turned out to be a challenging lunch. I was sort of picturing doing it in the Dutch oven but, Scott thought it would be best at home....it was tricky but everyone seemed to love it. Patrick was enamored with "Annea" the whole day and hardly left her side. She didn't seem to mind :D We headed back home to get dressed for our evening of dancing at Elite Hall and McKenna and I stopped over at the DI to see what we could see. We both found dresses (of course) and had fun getting ready together. Lexi and Kaite were there to join us and we all primped and did our hair together. We loaded up in cars and met at Elite Hall to find that it was closed that night. Steph seemed to feel pretty bad and my parents drove up to Logan specifically for the dancing. My dad and Scott quickly got to work on a plan. Steve told us we could use the church and Dad and Scott went to USU to pick up some icecream. Dad is pretty good under pressure. He saved the day for Patrick's birthday this year too when it came to cake and icecream. He's amazing because he'll do what you need him to do and usually either with a super positive attitude OR very discreetly. Anyway, enough about how awesome my dad is. I digress. So, we went to Steve's church building and danced in the cultural hall. Someone had an auxiliary cable that we were able to plug into the sound system. It was actually probably my favorite part of the whole weekend. Patch had a grand time and even danced with his cousin Celia. I have a video of the two of them together. He was leading her all around and rather gently too. It was SO FREAKING CUTE.


Scott is quite patriotic. He talked about getting a flag pole outside our house and told me about all the evenings where he and his siblings retired the colors in the proper manner. I told him that, while I love my country, that sounded like far too much work. However, I did decide this 4th of July to start encouraging Patrick to learn the "Pledge of Allegiance". He did a decent job with it and only flubbed the largest words. My darling boy. He's pretty smart.


Man is Patch talkative now. He seems to really enjoy talking when he's in the car. He asks lots of questions; my favorite of which is "play Mama? You play with me?" Ummm let me think about that....OF COURSE! I've found that he behaves much better when I spend even just a few minutes down on the floor with him engaged in play every day. He's becoming quite imaginative too. Toys can have multiple uses and he mingles his different toys together. It's starting to feel like Toy Story. His lego set came with these little hoses. I think they're supposed to be pumps for a little airport fuel station or something. He's started using them with his fire trucks as hoses and will often say "save the guy" and have him buried under a pile of Jenga blocks and then the lego airplane toy will be the helicopter that comes down with the fire hose and sprays everything down. It's amazing. We do read a lot of books so, that's probably influencing these "story lines".


I could go on but, I need to consult my list of "stories to remember to write down about Patch" and then pick up where I'm leaving off.


Being his Mama is my absolute favorite.

No comments: