Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Stress Case

As of October 6th I am officially unemployed. I have 4 weeks of severance (taxed at 37%...thank you IRS) and I've applied for unemployment. I've interviewed for several jobs and things have gone well but, for some reason the doors feel like they're closing. I thought I had a great interview with Zion's Bank two weeks ago but got an email this morning telling me that other candidates have been selected for further consideration....not me. However, yesterday I got an offer from UCU but, they don't offer remote work opportunities. There may be an opportunity to get remote access but it sounds like that will be a struggle.

What do I do?

To add on top of all of this, I yelled at Patrick 3 times today. Once when he dumped Dinah's water bowl. Once when I was changing his diaper and he was kicking me and making it generally really difficult. Once when he refused to nap for the first 3 hours of his usual nap time.

I need to get up into the mountains to clear my head. While I realize that there are worse problems, this is tough stuff right now. I'll know more tomorrow.

May God guide me. Grant me patience. Grant me wisdom to make the best choices.

No comments: