Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Thoughts: working outside the home

I have a wonderfully fulfilling life in so many ways.
I have a family that gets along and enjoys time together.
I have friends that support each other and who constantly open my eyes to new ideas and ways of thinking.
I have a husband that supports me in all of my crazy ideas (namely doing theater while working full time and raising our little man).
I have a (almost one!) little man that motivates me to be better and teaches me about Christ-like love.
I have a job where I get to constantly meet new people and it excites me every day.

More on the job. In the last 11 months I feel as though I've done a pretty bang up job balancing being a mama, wife, and business banker. Sometimes I get to sprinkle that balance with some theater. I've been a pretty great daughter, sister, and friend too. Though, there are times when I feel guilty about working a full time job. The other day, I read a friend's Instagram post about how blessed she felt to be able to have her little one with her constantly and how she will always put her daughter first; being with her all day every day. Maybe I read it wrong but I thought...am I not putting Patrick first? Is there truly something wrong with working outside the home? Will my choice to work a full time job negatively impact Patrick in any way? I worry about this constantly.

No comments: