Thursday, December 1, 2016

It's the holiday season!

Whoopdeeedooooo!

We spent Thanksgiving with my parents in Provo. It was a pretty quiet day with just Grandma and my parents and us. We decided to show up quite early in the day after rushing out with pie and rolls in hand. We have a few traditions we've adopted from each side of our families. My family always has pecan pie and gravy the special way my grandma makes it. Scott's family does cranberry relish with orange, Grandma Bastian's rolls, and Christmas tree hunting in the wilderwoods. This year, I did them all. Scott helped with the tree hunting but everything else, I super woman-ed myself. My rolls were a decent first attempt but everything else was pretty dang stellar.

I got to take a two hour nap by the fire in the afternoon which was an absolute slice of heaven. I was fighting the urge to nap but Grandma was the one who encouraged me so, I took her advice. :D I woke up just after Patrick and pretty soon after that we had Thanksgiving dinner. We had a nice time talking about family memories...and current family drama. We played with Patrick outside and it was just the kind of day one could wish for.

On Saturday, we drove to Preston to hang out with Doug and Heather and the kids and to go hunt for a Christmas tree. This year, we had Patrick's freaking amazing Prince of Persia hiking carrier. A-maz-ing. It was much easier than last year...oh and the fact that we were not being snowed on. We managed to find the perfect tree this year and by we I mean me. :D I found it. Scott cut it. Patrick played in the snow by it. It was a team effort. When we were cutting down the tree we let Patch walk around and play in the snow and when I had to put him back in the pack to head back to the car he absolutely LOST IT. I mean lost his mind. He was wailing so loud that I think the sound echoed through the mountains and into the valley of Preston. He was lifting himself up out of the pack and writhed around and sat back in it. Oh my heavens. I'm convinced we are in the throws of "terrible twos" already. Tell me it doesn't get worse than this. One minute he's amazing and happy and adorable and the next he's losing his mind over being taken out of the snow or his magnetic trains not sticking together in the right way or his legos not sticking like he wants them to. Luckily, I just find it funny most of the time.

When we got back to Doug and Heather's house we had "egg tacos"- what the kids call them. I teased and reminded everyone that their egg tacos are actually breakfast burritos. Patrick was too distracted playing with the "sit on" toys and his cousins to enjoy dinner. Shortly after that we headed out to watch the Preston fireworks and light parade. SO AWESOME.

I'll put up pics when we've decorated our tree.

And, by the way, I'm killing it at work.

No comments: