Friday, December 16, 2016

California Dreamin

Today we had our first real blizzard of the season. To think that last week at this time I was sitting in a restaurant overlooking the ocean in San Diego dining with my brother and sister in law. Today's weather made me long to be back in sunny SoCal. The roads really were quite dangerous and I had to drive all over Utah County...and I mean all over. My schedule was as follows:

9:00 headshot photo shoot in Springville
10-1: put Patch down for nap, work on conditions for loans, bake pie as peace offering for client whose deadline was pushed
1:40: Fotofly picture session with Patrick and Santa in Lehi at Thanksgiving point (the pics turned out SO FREAKING CUTE!)
3:00: meeting with client in Linden to drop of pie and drop the news about his delayed closing
4:00: appear in court in Murray city for my "moving violation"...a gentle reminder that I totaled my car last week
5:00: clear out my totaled car so that Geico could come and tow it away from the repair shop downtown
5:20: dinner with Scott's parents in Cottonwood Heights
8:00: Scott's concert downtown

I can't complain. It wasn't the kind of day where the number of tasks to accomplish were insurmountable but, it was indeed a fairly packed day.

Too bad I had to leave dinner early because Patch got sick. I don't know quite why but he did. I also did not appear in court today nor did I clear out my car. Good thing I can do the car tomorrow morning and I can appear in court any time next week.

Also good thing...the pie worked! After my visit with the client (that I had to bring Patch to) the wife said "you really didn't have to do that" to which I responded, "I know but I didn't want Billy Bob Joe* to be mad at me for the delay". She said that he's quick to anger but also quick to calm down. I said that I had noticed that. hehe. I also said that I realized I had to talk him off the ledge 2 times already and that I didn't want there to be a third time so, I thought I'd better come with a peace offering. We both laughed and headed away in the blizzard while Billy Bob Joe continued digging trenches to remove the large puddles/ small ponds of rain/ melting snow from around the warehouse.

During that 10-1 time frame Patch decided to skip his nap. *shocker* On a day where he really really needs it, he skips it. Typical. If you're a mom, you can relate to this. He was, however, being such a sweetie while we hung out at my parent's house. I made us some food and he played on Thomas the Train, a ride on toy my parents got him. They've nicknamed it Tommy and Patch calls it "Choo Choo". At one point, he found a book of ours that we left there. It's a book of "Baby's first 100 Words" or something like that. His favorite page is "Things that Go" where there are images of planes, trains, and large vehicles. We talk about the sound that each one makes and he just loves it. Today we spent a bit of time on the "activities" page where there are images of babies sitting and toddlers walking and playing etc. While we were reading the "Things that Go" page, he said "Poop". So I asked him if he was going poop or if he had poop in his diaper and he said "nope". I sniffed him anyway and sure enough, no poop. He quickly turned back to the "activities" page and pointed to the child that was walking. In the image, the child is wearing only a diaper and he pointed to it saying "poop". Pretty smart eh? It's the little things people. What can I say? I'm a proud mama.

Now I'm having a quiet Friday night at home blogging, tidying, doing laundry, you know...house wife-ing it up.

*name changed to protect the identity of the client

No comments: