Saturday, November 24, 2012

     I had a fabulous thanksgiving in sunny San Diego. I drove down, with my parents, on Tuesday so that we could spend the holiday with my brother whom we hadn't spent quality time with in a while. On our drive down we played a little game where we go around and say three nice things about everyone in the car. (Awwwww!) That started off the Thanksgiving holiday right! We were lucky enough to be invited to dine with my brother's girlfriend's parents and it was an absolute delight. They have a lovely home up in the hills. This was the setting for our evening:
I'm in love with their home. You can't see the view but it was awesome. We spent the evening enjoying delicious food and getting to know the Arteagas. I especially loved the stuffed zucchini (an Arteaga family favorite) and these pumpkin cupcakes, another family recipe. Ana's parents are from Argentina and we had a blast comparing US culture with that of Argentina. We talked about linguistics, told family stories, and politics.  It was lovely in every way.

I really enjoyed spending a few days with my brother. I've called him Pal for years now.  I'm not sure how that started but, he's my pal. I would do just about anything if he told me it was cool.  At least I always did as a child. We spent one day shopping and ended the day in La Jolla.  Such a beautiful place!

 Brent and Dad
 The scenery (I was enjoying the warm weather and sights of the ocean knowing I won't see a lot of that in Utah)
Me and Mama

Scott couldn't be there because he was working through the holiday. That's the restaurant business for ya. He insisted that we go without him. I'm grateful for his sacrifice so that I could spend time with Brent before we move to Utah. This Thanksgiving season I'm thankful for:
Family (I know, cliche...get over it): they've been so supportive of me and Scott as we step away from the college/ newly wed phase and move toward being real grown ups...I feel as though I'm not quite there yet but I'm close
Jobs: I've held 3 since April and I'm about to start the 4th. I'm planning to be at this next one for a while

Time to bust out the Amy Grant Christmas album. I'm sooooooo ready.



No comments: