Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Holidays...already!

I guess the holiday season has arrived.  The major network stations are doing their "countdown to Christmas" style programming. Yay low-budget-made-for-tv-feel-good movies! Tis the season (already).  I know lots of friends that seem to get their panties in a bunch when stores begin putting Christmas decor out before Halloween. I've decided that I don't really care.  Snow men out in the aisles of Costco alongside the costumes? No biggie. Christmas ornaments sharing the same space in the store as the Halloween candy? Sure. Why not? I draw the line at the hanging of lights on houses and trimming trees.  Can this just wait until after Thanksgiving?  It seems like the Christmas decor comes out sooner and sooner each year.  I can imagine my future children scampering down the street with a Nightmare Before Christmas kind of scene.  Pumpkins, wreaths, and spider webs adoring each door step.

Speaking of Christmas lights...I made some out of paint samples. I was looking on Pinterest for paint sample crafts because I swiped a bunch from Lowes the other night.  I didn't see these lights so, I kinda did my own thing.  I used the brightest colors I could find, a clip art image to trace the shape, tin foil for the base of the bulb, and hot glue.  I have yet to adhere them to a chord/string but, here they are!
I will not be hanging them up until after Thanksgiving :)

Ok...ok....so, I guess my holiday rules are dumb because I sort of got a little too excited about getting Dinah a Christmas sweater at Safeway the other night.  I'm going to try to refrain from putting her in it until after Thanksgiving but it will probably be difficult.  She's just so darn cute!

Happy Wednesday to all and to all a good night.

No comments: