Sunday, November 22, 2015

Catching up

Since June of 2013?
I was in the following productions, back to back:
Carousel, Bonnie and Clyde, Cinderella, Altos-a Mafia Murder Mystery, Shrek, I was supposed to be in Company (more on that in a minute) and Heritage Singers at This is the Place Park (TITP).

So what happened with Company, well, in June of 2014 we found out we were expecting. The character I was set to play, Kathy, is one of the girlfriends of the main character and being 6 months pregnant wasn't going to make too much sense ;) So, I bowed out of that show and began nesting. But then I couldn't help myself and simply had to audition for Heritage Singers. Scott and I spent the Christmas season 2014 caroling through the streets of TITP dressed in period costume (coincidentally, those costumes were used in the filming of the Work and the Glory films).

January 2015 rolled around and I focused on making final preparations for baby Patrick's arrival and on February 1st we went into the hospital. I was fairly certain that I was in labor and that they would not have to send us home. I was right. I went in 5 cm dilated and we welcomed Patch at almost 8 PM.

Here we are, almost 10 months later. I'll reflect on some highlights:

In May, Scott and I decided to be crazy and do a Salty Dinner Theater show together-Sherlock Holmes. I was just coming off of maternity leave and heading back to work...oh and we had a newborn. With the help of family and friends, there was someone to look after Patch during each of our performances. Well, we had him with us at a few of them but, he didn't move much or make too much noise at that point so, he was easy to cart along.

Here he is at one of the rehearsals:
In June we went on a road trip to Montana to perform a charity show for Salty Dinner Theater, a revival of Cinderella. A couple of weeks after that, we took a trip to Park City with some friends and stayed in a lovely town house over the weekend. Great fun! The day we returned from that trip, Bonnie, Stephanie, and I did a fancy breakfast with Andrea to celebrate her birthday and we presented her with a book that we made of memories from when Katie and Kenna were just little tiny girls; a time that Andrea does not remember well for it was a rough few years for her.

In July, we hit up Taylorsville days, Patrick started eating solids, we had the family camp (organized by us at Wolf Creek where the camp was in HORRIBLE shape and I demanded a refund...we got it), and Pioneer Day.

In August, Patrick took his first international trip for Uncle Brent's birthday to Mexico. What an adventure. It was a week of fun, delicious food, and relaxation on the beach. Melissa and I may have snuck onto the resort where the wedding party was staying. Two words: worth it.

On September 2nd, Uncle Brent's birthday, Patch began crawling. We managed to keep it all together after he became mobile and Scott even threw me a super fun Fiesta birthday party. We were also able to use our Lagoon passes to attend Lagoon-a-Beach one day. Brent and Ana flew out to surprise me while we were at the Utah State Fair. They came to celebrate my birthday and see our home. It was such a treasure to have them here. I also began rehearsals for another Salty show in September. I was in The Salem Witch Trials. I brought Patrick to all of the rehearsals and we may or may not have rehearsed at a church.

In October, I was basically performing every single night. Every chance we got we used our Lagoon passes and hit up the park. I also arranged for someone else to cover my performance on the night of the Pumpkin Walk in Logan so that Scott and I could travel to his parent's home for our traditional apple harvest and Pumpkin Walk event. Around Halloween, I went to Scott's work's family Halloween event, Frightmares, Kate's performance of Beauty and the Beast, and we hung out at home on Halloween. We carved pumpkins, busted out the fog machine, played scary music, and had some friends over.

Since late August, I've been getting together weekly with some ladies in our ward for lunch on Fridays. It's a blast and we take turns getting together at someone's home and swap stories about our little babies. Patrick now seems so much older than the other babies because he's the only one that's mobile. Soon, this will not be the case.

Here we are in November. I cannot believe that Patrick is almost 10 months old. He is such a happy little man and we love him a whole lot. More on that later.

I suppose I'll post more pics later also.


No comments: