Monday, June 7, 2010

5/24/10

Our day began a little later in the morning with a BBC singers rehearsal.  We met at the appointed place.  I read the Standard (free news paper) on the tube.  I really have come to enjoy that paper.  There is lots of interesting information about politics, local art/ music scene info, and pop culture alerts.  When we arrived at the studio, I was feeling pretty excited to see what they are made of.  The building looked pretty bland from the outside.  Come to find out that this was only the BBC music building and the amount of music coming out of that building and reaching all over Great Britain is really impressive!!!  I wonder if BBC was in it's hayday in the 60's and 70's more than it is now.  You look at all the pop culture stuff they've produced and it is well loved.  My question is, are people listening to the BBC Singers today?  I would like to see the statistics of that!
The rehearsal was a long one indeed.  

No comments: