Sunday, June 6, 2010

6/5/10

Tonight we heard the Croydon Philharmonic Choir sing Haydn's "Creation".  It started off as a typical concert but slowly developed some character as the soloists began to sing.  I was impressed with the technique of the soprano although I felt that her communication suffered as a result.  There was a particular segment that really interested me...the bit about Adam and Eve.  The conductor decided to be true to oratorio style and have sort of a "scene" develop between the soprano and baritone soloist.  I found that it was more distracting than serving the music.  It seemed to come from nowhere.  This was a choral society that impressed me more than the other choral society we listened to.  I was engaged in this concert and impressed that although the woman's section was more than twice the size of the men's section there was a pretty decent balance.  


-huge breakfast
-abbey road
-camden road market
-attempted swimming in the serpentine
-Cadogan Hall to hear Croydon Philharmonic Choir sing Haydn's Creation
-clubbin that night babay
-rush to get plane tix

No comments: